Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Iodine Anniversary

Today is my three-month, iodine-taking for-sufficiency anniversary!!! Although I have been taking dulce since four months ago. How it's been going: My skin got softer and moister more and more until I thought I'd drip away. But pretty much right around the 3-month date, that sensation started leveling off and I have a "coarser" version of moist skin now. And although I'm overweight and non-normal health-wise, and shouldn't expect iodine sufficiency at 3 months, I believe I reached it.

And that's pretty disappointing because not a lot happened. Well, I'm regular for the first time in my life. With 25g fiber a day, eating yummy soaked beans, I'm even pretty normal. My cycles are improved, but not completely. My skin is better, but still dry sometimes in some areas. I experience random bouts of warmth, but can still get cold. And for the first time in my life my feet, and rest of the body, swell with high GI carbs or B vitamins. Don't really know what's going on with that, since it just started. I believe it is a sign of adrenal glands working for the first time in a long time! But, of course, not exactly the sign of health either.

Because I didn't get tested, I don't know my level of toxic metals, but they say that can take a year. So, even if I haven't reached sufficiency, I will likely do so in that year.

I do still crave seaweed, specifically dulce and nori. But all the rice in the sushi kills me-- swollen feet. :-( Taking extra kelp helps.

No comments: