Monday, September 8, 2008

PCOS resolution - absolutely obsessed

Not sure what to do with this quote, so I'll post it here. I don't have PCOS, not that I know of! But here is a Russian study showing simply iodide resolved PCOS in 3 months at the low dose of 12.5mg / day. Pretty astounding!!

"Our preliminary experience with I supplementation at 12.5 mg/day, confirmed the findings of Ghent et al (19), regarding subjective and objective improvements of FDB, following I supplementation. Our findings in 3 patients with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) confirmed the positive response observed following supplementation with 10 to 20 mg of potassium iodide by Russian investigators 40 years ago (62). Prior to I supplementation, those PCOS patients were olygomenorrheic, menstruating one or twice a year. Following I supplementation for 3 months, they resumed normal monthly cycles. In 2 patients with subclinical hypothyroidism and elevated TSH levels, I supplementation suppressed TSH levels markedly in both cases. In one patient, serum TSH level was 7.8 mIU/L pre-supplementation and 1.7 mIU/L 3 months post I supplementation. In the other patient, TSH level was 21.5 mIU/L before and 11.9 mIU/L after 3 months of I supplementation."

http://cypress.he.net/~bigmacnc/drflechas/IOD-02.html


Feeling better now that I've traded my carb cravings for protein and fat. Blood glucose is evening out and I'm feeling warmer. Carbs only make you feel cold, goitrogenic, when high load and / or glycemic index.

No comments: